Welcome!

Welcome to our family blog!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Showered with love




















Wow, time is just flying by. The last few weeks have been a little hectic, so I can't tell you how wonderful it was that my sister-in-law Genell (Rieck) and my Auntie Kelly (Rieck) gave Joe and I a baby shower on the 17th of April. We had such a wonderful turn of of family and friends. We are so grateful to them for doing this for us since it is our first child together, and well...Cody is going to be 14 in a month so we are definately starting brand new. The cake was so adorable and given as a gift from Aggie at Aggie's bakery in Milwaukee. There was a great spread of food and the best baby shower punch ever according to Kathy (or google), who was so right! We received all the baby necessities like bath supplies, bottles, diapers, onzies, clothes and so much more to some of the bigger items like the bouncy chair, baby monitor, high chair, bassanet, car seat, and stroller. We got so much more than that to help get ready and the baby's room is just about set. We've had the crib, bedding, and furniture set up and now we're just putting things away and getting organized. Joe has been busy putting things together!
Only six more weeks until June 4th, the big day! As soon as I hit my 8th month I instantly became really uncomfortable and have been just watching my belly grow by the second. I've been having braxton hicks contractions and am having major pelvic pain. The baby is turned and is head down kicking the crap out of my ribs. All of you who kept telling me I was so small...well now, not so much! I get short of breath pretty quickly, but not in the pool, so I am still swimming and it is the one thing that really eases any pain and discomfort. I am starting to retain water and swell somewhat now too. My blood pressure is great, labs are good, and weight is good. No complaints, this experience has just been so wonderful and honestly one of the best parts is that we get to share it with the family and friends that are very special to us.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! We love you all!

2 comments:

  1. belly?? what belly/?!! you look fab! glad to hear that everything is going so well!!! not too much longer! So excited for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree what belly. I'm sooooo happy for you both! You guys are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete